Sunday, August 26, 2012

Year Two

January 2013, Olin will be 3 years old. I never truly understood the meaning of "how time flies" until I had Olin. I remember bringing him home from the hospital and thinking "how has God trusted me with this?" I still don't believe it sometimes. I see him and the little person that he is. He's full of life and is so oblivious, or so I think, to what is going on around him. 

It's been one year since his dad and I have separated and I don't know if he truly knows that mommy and daddy are no more. I know. And it breaks my heart to think about having to explain it to him. When he's with me, he asks for him. When he's with him, I wonder, does he ask for me? Who knows. What I do know is that I love him more and more everyday.

Olin is a child of music. He absolutely LOVES anything that has to do with music. He sings all day sometimes. What does he sing? At times I don't know but why bust his bubble. His favorite? "La Luna" by Pedro Martinez. His bongos are his life. Drums. If he doesn't have them in front of him he will find whatever he can to drum on. He's gifted. I know, I know ... ALL moms say that about their kids. But Olin has inherited this from the ONE person I wish he wouldn't remind me of ... his dad. They are one alike. Character, attitude, mannerism, likes, and dislikes. It makes me as happy as it makes me sad.


August 25th: Our first visit to the Houston Zoo since last year. He LOVED it. Nearly had a heart attack at the fish tanks. Then, wanted to ride the antelope. I don't think that would've been allowed though. It was GREAT. We had a blast. Given I'm a working single mother, the time I get to spend with Olin is rare. I mean at home after an 8 hour day at work dealing with complaining clients isn't always my ideal "quality time" with him. But a day with just he and I. It was exhausting but memorable. I loved every minute and was reminded that I wish it could be that way all the time. But mommy's gotta work. Someday. In the meantime, our zoo visit was amazing. Can't wait for another day of adventure with my little man!


No comments:

Post a Comment